Thursday, January 29, 2009

We painted again.

I'm so predictable in my unpredictability. In terms of paint, that is. It's a problem. Once I get it into my head what I want to do, you better start running or else you too will be holding a paint brush the next free moment I have. 

Anyway, we painted our dining room. It really was the neglected area of the house. And one day, instead of coming in through the garage, I came in through the front door, and I was like "THIS is what it looks like?!" You should all try walking in your front door sometime. 

I have many more big plans for this room, but here it is now...

We painted the window wall and the big wall by the table a more rich, colonial blue. We wanted the long wall to be a greyer color, with a little blue. It was VERY hard to find one that did not look like a baby's room. So we painted it three times to get it right.

Well, well, look who we have here. She would stand there then attack Charlie when he came by. Awesome.
More of the room...
This pic doesn't look quite right, but the best I could do...
Et voila!  Can't wait to have everyone over in what will be our very European styled dining room! You bring the food, okay? :)  jk 

3 comments:

JuliAnna said...

Oooh, I LOVE IT! I love that darker colonial blue, that's going to be so inviting! I can't wait to see it:)

Julie said...

Looks lovely! Love your commentary. :o)

Unknown said...

i missed this post somehow? anyway, LOVE it!! love the hutch!!