Friday, November 7, 2008

Something about the desert in the fall...

Something about the desert in the fall makes you question what other universe people live in where the temperatures drop enough for a sweater, the leaves change and a sense of coziness comes over you. We have no such existence here in the desert. Thankfully, Mike and Katy had their wedding in Traverse City, MI, which is one of the most northern points of Michigan. It was absolutely beautiful and we had the best time with Dan and Jill. There are tons of pics so I'll get to it...


Jill and I LOVE our champagne, so we started the trip with a toast...



I love this pic of Dan and Jill! 

The day after we got there, we went up to Northport which is really the most northern tip on Michigan, south of the U.P.
It was SO COLD and windy!!

 We headed back south towards Traverse and stopped along the way for some pics. It's too bad they never come out on film as good as being there!







Trying to take the fall home with us...
At the rehearsal dinner, we decided the boys look like they were getting ready for prom pics...
The rehearsal dinner was great! It was at a local brewery that was wonderful. Here are the boys enjoying their root beer floats
"You're not taking my float away, are you?"
"If only this spoon was longer!"
The view on a street back in Traverse

Wedding Day. We came prepared - champagne on the bus. Holla!

Mike and Katy's nuptuals... They got married at Blackstar Farms - it was GORGEOUS! Mike came down from the treehouse...

Where would we be without this...

Patrick was having fun :) 

There were glowsticks on the dance floor as the night went on - they found their way to our table...

"We have to go back to Arizona?! What?!"
 I know - we didn't want to go back either. It was such a fun weekend and great to experience the weather and season! CONGRATS, Mike and Katy!!  You threw one awesome party - and weekend! Thanks for everything!!

Jill took some great pics too so I'll post some of those - she has a fancy camera so here pics are amazing. I defered to her to take a lot of the stuff, the same reason I don't have any pics at Sarah's - her camera is so good, there's no point in even taking mine out. Thanks to Sarah and James for a VERY VERY fun kickoff night in MI at their AWESOME home. We loved seeing you!!


8 comments:

JuliAnna said...

Holy Cow - the leaves were SO SO pretty!!! AND I LOVED that necklace you had on for the wedding - is that the one you said you got from BR? I am smitten with it!

Julie said...

Love the colors of the leaves - you guys hit it at the perfect time! Hope we get to see Jill's photos, too! :o)

Julie said...

PS - Love your necklace... ;o)

Unknown said...

yes, i have to agree love, love, love the necklace!! i loved the one you had on at my house too... where are you getting these pretty little things?? do tell... and what is BR??

i am so glad you guys had fun!! i wish we could have been with you in TC!! i am really happy you got to see the colors, i was afraid you might miss it up there, but looks like perfect timing!! the wedding looked beautiful!

Julie said...

I'm guessing Banana Republic...

Unknown said...

oh yeah, banana republic...that would probably be it....wow...i don't get out much!! ;) or i'm just slow?

Anonymous said...

I wish we had leaves change colors in AZ. How beautiful it is there this time of year. I have a friend who lives in Traverse. Looks like a fun trip! Hope you & Patrick are doing fabulous

Kelley said...

Hey Megs! How are you? Traverse was beautiful and refreshing! I hope we see you soon!