Okay, it was good. I think really good. And short - only like 20 min so it was just dandy. I guess we'll see what the next steps are...
But i realized on the way home, i was preparing myself not to get it. And do you know what I thought of? Reality shows. I was like "you know, not all of the top 12 can be the best dancer on So You Think You Can Dance. Luckily Sabra won, but Neil was really, really good and remember Danny's leaps?! It was anyone's game." Then after a few quiet minutes with XM, I continued to prepare myself, "You know, it just depends on how the judges feel that day. Sometimes the smartest people don't win Survivor. They're TOO smart. They work really hard and they're totally qualified but it's a cut-throat environment. There's only one winner, just like this job." Then I called Patrick and told him about the interview and the reality show theory. Now he definitely thinks I'm crazy. Isn't this every mother's worst nightmare? That they're child would watch so much tv that they would adapt their "real life" to fit into the parameters of the television screen? Well, for what it's worth, I guess So You Think You Can Dance is now my semi-adult Sesame Street.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

9 comments:
You're... funny! Wait till Ryan hears this theory. I might have to make myself some popcorn to watch the show. hehe...:o)
Good job - glad it went well... keep us posted!
PS - I think it's funny you're comparing "real life" to a reality show. Yes, reality shows are supposed to portray reality, but really... come on. :o) Real life is much more interesting! I do love SYTYCD, though! But if there was no reality show of that, there may be no "real life" for those people - they might not make it without the reality show... ponder that, if you will! :o)
You, on the other hand, will always "make it" - you're a strong, smart, confident woman - my little sis! So proud!! Don't cry, Mom or A. Lynne! probably too late... :o)
AWW, you make me cry! that was really nice! haha - i dind't even think of the implication of the term "reality" and haven't yet finished digesting your comment. But i guess it's the competition/judges part that's so funny - you're right - that's not really reality!
Yep, I agree with Julie...you already 'made it' and guess who your biggest fans are? They would be lucky to have you and yes, you're right, it's all about everything coming into alignment at the time...you never know the circumstances...so what will be will be! Be proud of yourself for doing well, that's huge!! Were all in a reality show...just no cameras, thank God!! Love ya Kel!
Yeah - thank goodness for no cameras!!! Wow, that would be scary. :oD
Yep! Definitely crazy!
Hey, love the slide show by they way!! Is Costco EVER going to get the group rooms back??
UGH i don't know - i am going to post tonight about the slideshow and other new cool photo sharing stuff...i'm going to call costco either today or tomorrow too...
Ummm...yeah - this in relation to Aunt Lynne's comments about Costco photo, what is their deal? Come on! I stalk them regularly and they keep on putting me off, it's not gonna be pretty if they don't get their act together sometime soon. That group room was the best thing ever and they had to go and "upgrade" - whatever!
Anyhow - LOVE your new slideshow! And I should really just cut and paste my emails to your earlier in here - but I'm SO proud of you!!! Can't wait to see where this goes!
you're right, Julie....TOO LATE! I'm so teared up. thank you for that, tho. And Kel, I ditto her remarks...I've ALWAYS told you that. You are awesome...if it's not this, it will be something else even better! Love you ALWays!
Post a Comment