So yesterday JuliAnna and I went boutiquing (see following post about a great place). And then I was walking around the mall a bit, just meandering. And it seemed like everywhere I went I kept hearing this "Summertime" song. I had never heard it and by the end of the day, I was singing the chorus to myself up the escalator in the middle of Nordies.
OH - side note - nordstrom put out a big statement awhile back that they were going for more "hip" music, testing out at some formats nationally. apparently scottsdale was one of them, because yesterday there was a DJ with his "spinning" (really, now, just a couple computers) set up ON TOP OF the piano! The TRAVESTY. what a societal degeneration. I came out of the bathroom when i arrived and it was like kryptonite. SHEESH - if you are going to pay for expensive goods, it doesn't help to hear Miley Cyrus blasting, "I got my sights set on you..." Although, that is the way I feel about clothing so maybe it is appropriate.
ANYWAY - So i keep hearing this "Summertime" song and the last time, it came on in XM in my car on the way home. So i FINALLY ablige to push the "display" button four times to find out who the artist is (i had been really lazy up until now) and GUESS WHO - New Kids on the Block!
WA-HUT???
Yes, apparently they have a song. Now i heard about them being on the Today Show and all that jazz but I didnt' think they released a song?! what for? Joey Fatone took all their game show hosting opportunities? whatever. so weird. Anyway, WHAT a throwback.
But I guarantee if you hear it, you'll be jammin along with me..."I think about you in the Summertime..."
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

7 comments:
K, haven't been to the mall in a while, so I haven't been able to experience the new format - oh, darn, too, because I really like the piano! Figures...
Yeah, that New Kids (kinda a silly name at this point...) song is on the cable music station all the time. Ryan walked in the room when it was on and was like, why does it say released in 2008 by them? I was like, oh they're reunited - eek.
I KNOW! patrick reminded me that i heard it on musicchoice numerous times but never knew who it was. LOL, yeah, their name doesn't really work any more :)
so, kel...do you think we could let nordies know of our love for the piano so they don't justdo away with it? who could we talk to?
well, the ella moss designer was there too so i don't know - there's no WAY scottsdale will do without it - all the old fogies love it. maybe just for summertime.
wow... i have no idea what you're talking about. yikes. I'm SO not up with the Nordies times, apparently. :o)
not happening at my Nordies... MICHIGAN!! We love the piano!!
Hey Kel - I just re-read your comment. Are you calling me an old fogie??!?! :o)
Post a Comment