I figured out the macro setting on my camera, just in time for the Farm at South Mountain. (click on the pic to see it in all its glory)
The funny thing about bees - and this is deep - is that I used to hate them. I'm allergic to them, I hate the ugliness and the unpredictability of their flight path (don't they have an Air Control Tower?). But since we got our "garden" in the backyard, I BEG for the bees to come and pollinate everything, to make it all bloom, and I really genuinely like the "life" outside. I love watering the plants and seeing the little itty bitty bugs crawl out and I feel like I'm quenching their thirst, too. (just hope some of them don't drown in the process. Oops, sorry!)
So I saw this bee at the Farm and when I put it on the computer i realized how pretty it was. Anyway, I have a new love of bees.

2 comments:
Lovely macro pic. However, I do not join you in your love of bees. They are tolerable one at a time (if that!), but when our whole tree is covered in them and humming in the spring, I will not go near it!!
wow! that is quite a turnaound for you, my dear. i, like julie, do not join you in your new-found love. BUT.... i will say that your pic IS beautiful!!
Post a Comment