If I had to sum up Easter in one photo:
But since we are not of family of SUMMING UP or ONE PHOTO - I have 20,000 more to follow. Just kidding - I know you care. Don't you? Don't you?! Yes, you do. So here goes...
It started out tame after church - which, btw, the outfits were NOT coordinated - all the guys in green, all the gals in aqua. It was bizarre-o. (What were you wearing? I LOVE Easter.)
I realized a while back that we don't have pics w the kiddos. Prob because when we're babysitting them and they're terrorizing us, we don't think, "Hey, we should make sure to capture all this."

Anyway, we went back to our place and Patrick whipped up somethin' great!
The full buffet. I let mom have her ham this year. And lemme tell ya what -we're not going back to whatever it was before we had ham. And remember the DISASTROUS riesling fruit salad that Julie made for Christmas (you really did try, Julie, and had the serving knife not bounced off of it, I would have eaten it. Really, I would have.), well...

...this year she took a pic of fruit salad. Maybe she's taking notes for next year? Sorry - I couldn't help it.
So as always, Logan on the scene to survey the table. She got a kick out of placecards. We kept switching them on her and she was making sure we were all in the correct spot. I like her style :)
No more white tablecloths with Logan around. That's a guilty grin if I've ever seen one. And poor grandma - on Logan-dirty-hand-patrol, reporting for duty.
All of us...


What would Easter be without CREPES?! Nutella, people, nutella!!
And a little mango palate cleanser. Because the leftover chocolate eggs wouldn't taste quite right without a palate cleanse. (Really just an excuse to use Grandma Roberts' old cordial glasses that I could not love more if I had made them myself. Thanks, Grandma. You would have liked the crepes.)

Then it was time for the games to begin. Jake casually strolled over to the office, where the dogs were temporarily relocated so we could extend the dining table, and he looked 'em right in the eye. Like a man. A one-and-a-half-year-old man.
He went to Lucy first...

Then Charlie. Lucy did not like him going to Charlie at all. Just keep that in mind.

But, since now every family function is a little mini photographer conference (we are super good on our blogs, ya know), we have nobody to take a pic of all of us. So we took it ourselves. Good job, Julie.

But, since now every family function is a little mini photographer conference (we are super good on our blogs, ya know), we have nobody to take a pic of all of us. So we took it ourselves. Good job, Julie.
Jake's not so sure. I think he's had enough dogs in his life.
So instead, he tackles Ryan. He does this Baby Godzilla schtick - it's hilarious. Especially when Lucy thinks she's invited to the party too. She's not.

And in order to get back at him for later, she decides to treat him like a little Tootsie Pop. (and yes, I'm taking the pic instead of stopping the licking. Oh come on - I stopped it eventually)

"Please tell dad about the lower door frame coming up." Don't worry, I did warn about that while I was taking the pic.

And one last parting shot...Boy were the kiddos tired!!

But before I go...there's something you all should see. It's another video of Logan dancing...but someone else makes a guest appearance...HA!
But before I go...there's something you all should see. It's another video of Logan dancing...but someone else makes a guest appearance...HA!

4 comments:
OH......Funny! I forgot about the guest dancer in the end!!!! :) That was a fun day....Thanks, K & P. It was GREAT!
So cute...love all the pics and the food looked superfantabulous there Patrick!! He's quickly becoming the chef in the family!
Fun post... rude about the photographing the fruit salad! Love the commentary!! :o)
wow, brunch looks great!! patrick you are the CHAMP!! unbelievable.
the pics are great, love the matching outfits, and logan...what a ham you are!!!!
Post a Comment