This is the oh-so-wonderful news that weather.com had to share with me today: YES - it's FALL! Here's what fall means to me:
1. I get to put out our fall doormat that has fall-colored leaves on it. These will be the only fall leaves we will see around our house...errr...the state.
2. I will go to Target and obsess over this fall leaf plate they have every year, that only costs like $12, but hard to buy seasonal stuff when it's year-round stuff we need.
3. When sitting outside, I will definitely make sure to wear everything short of long underwear to stay warm. And now I'm super stressed that it's so cold in Michigan because I don't really own anything warm at all (I have two sweaters total) and we're going to MI in three weeks. Good excuse to get the velvet blazer i have been wanting for longer than the fall leaf plate.
4. Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn will use every attempt to get me to buy fall decor but I know it's just a tease. Oh, CB and PB will look so perty and ohboy are they glamming up Halloween this year but they're sneaky devils. They want to you for everything you got, then when you're begging and pleading to stop the temptation, they bring out the big guns - CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS. And all that cute fall stuff you got is gone and CB and PB act like it never happened because THIS is Christmas!
(umm apparently i have serious decor issues that I need to bring up to a professional. A professional shopper, that is.)
5. I will get to drink Apple Annie's Orchard Apple Cider from Costco. And if you haven't had it, you must invest. Speaking of investing, maybe apple cider is a good stock investment as well, no? For all I drink, it might not be a bad idea.
6. We don't have to wake up at 5am to go running before the sun comes up (and still sweat buckets). We can actually wait until 7am to go running. Huge difference. My face will only be as red as a pomegranate - not the plummy shade of purple when running in the heat.
Okay that's all I have for now but I'm sure more fall will be super friendly this year and let the temperature keep going down - not back up like normal. If the temps do go back up, I am wearing my hoodies and uggs anyway.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

6 comments:
You crack me up, yet again. I think that whoever draws you in the Christmas gift exchange might want to consider the fall leaf plate from Target. After all, they could get you that and know you'll be thrilled, AND still get you something else... perhaps fall decorations on sale from CB or PB before Christmas. :o) Maybe we should go ahead and draw names now...
Good luck - if the temps go up and you wear your Uggs & hoodies - not getting that really cool purple face because you're sweating buckets. haha!
you are so funny, kel! i'll have to ck out that fall plate at target and see what all the excitement is about! but for now, all of my excitement is focused on going to LA with Lynnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee. Can't wait! (in case you didn't know)! ;)
You'll need those hoodies and Uggs in MI Kel! Lows now are in the 50's, but last week they were in the 30's! Hard telling what they will be in 3 weeks!! It is perfect hoodie and Ugg weather here!
Yes, let's pick names soon!!!! I hope I get Kel - cuz now she is easy ;-)
HAHA - I loved this post!!! You crack me up...and what's funnier is that I TOTALLY know the leaf plate you're talking about! It's great! And ditto on the warm clothes, I'm sure I'm going to lose an arm to frost-bite this weekend in Chicago:)
LOL 50s is still FREEZING. and i'm a megababy about it. WHAT am i going to do?!
and your going to be up-north...which will be worse!! just bundle up, you're going to love it!!!!
87...fall...funny!!!!!
Post a Comment