Monday, September 15, 2008

Blind Dining

I was moseying around on the San Francisco "foodie" site and saw this description for a restaurant:

Opaque - Dining in the Dark

689 McAllister StreetCivic Center 800-710-1270 website

"A culinary adventure with all meals served in a pitch-black dining room served by blind waiters. Enhance one's senses and "see" what is beyond. D Th-Sa 6:30-11:30pm. $$$. Beer/wine. MC, V."

SO i went to Darkdining.com and it's a crazy site - check out the "dining room" tab.

I was thinking this would be cool if, say, you told them what your food preferences were going in, and they created something that you really didn't know what it was, and without seeing it, could enjoy it just for taste. But then I saw that you can order off the menu. Then - what's the point?

Would you ever go there?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hmmm. I didn't go to the site, but it sounds weird. I guess if I'd heard the food was PHENOMENAL, I might try it. But in the dark??? weird.

Julie said...

PS - Let's see some pix of your latest happenings... hasn't been one of those posts in a while. ;o)

Lynne said...

Sounds dangerous - like how do you not run into someone going to the bathroom, or literally lay yourself out onto someone else's table? I, honestly, would not be safe in this place!!!

Julie said...

Yeah... hopefully they don't serve steak with steak knives. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen! :o)

Unknown said...

uh....no!