Hi all,
Well, all the prayers must have worked because today I accepted a position as the Internet Marketing Manager at the Greater Phoenix Conventions and Visitors Bureau. In case you're not familiar with CVBs, they're goal is to promote the Phoenix area (including Cave Creek, Scottsdale) as a whole, for travelers to stay here and for large events (like the Superbowl, the Final Four, All-Star weekends, etc.). They are in desperate need for a new website with cool features so I will basically be a project manager working with all the vendors to develop the site. I will get to really use all the marketing experience I have in public relations, advertising and branding all combined, which is something I've been looking for.
I'm super excited to not only assume the new job, but also to say goodbye to agency life, which is incredibly demanding, stressful and just becomes too much after too long. While this new job will be a challenge, it will be exciting and I believe will create a more balanced life.
Anyway, just wanted to thank you again and let you know that your prayers didn't fall on deaf ears. We are blessed. :)
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

10 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS, KEL! I knew they would love you!!! Hope it's all you are looking for in a job! Sounds very creative!
Maybe your next project manager job will be on the Apprentice! ;) jk.
YAHHHHHHHHH!!! That is great news Kel, way to wow them!! I knew you would get it!! That is so exciting...you'll have to turn us on to the website once you get there and start working on it!
Woohooo - congrats, Kel! You'll have to fill us in on the details after you start your hard work - can't wait to see the results. I'm sure it will be a great site if you have anything to do with it!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is AWESOME!! Way to go Kel!!! ...very exciting!!
Many congratulations! I think it's going to be such an exciting new adventure and is going to take you where you need to be! Hooray! I'm so proud of you and all your hard work - way to go!
Thanks, everyone!! i really appreciate all your support!
HOOOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!! I am so very happy and excited for you! What a perfect culmination of all the different jobs you have had. This is going to be great! Congratulations!
OK, need a new blog post... what, are you busy this last week of work? :o) j/k.
Here's an idea: a time lapse series of pics of the new grass growing. :D
Yah, where are you Kel? I tried on shoes at Nordstroms today...bought 2 pair...not purple though ;-)
Post a Comment