Friday, June 27, 2008

No, seriously.

Here are reasons why I'm getting old:

1. well, taking a break from working out (more like a hiatus) is awful. Forget ever being able to lift more than 5 lbs comin' off the bench. Remember when you could just pick back up where you started? No, those days are gone. Even at yoga last week - which was not difficult ordinarily - was so ridiculous. We had to do this scorpion move where you balance on one hand and one knee and i tipped over like four times.

2. the heat is REALLY getting to me this year, for like the first year ever. I am going to invest in hankies to just keep dabbing my face (and neck and back and palms) from the sweat. I mean, seriously, this is just ridiculous. So ridiculous. I'm going to get cute hankies with my new monogram in them and it'll just be so Scarlett O'Hara of me. I'll set a new trend.

3. i can't eat very much anymore (which you think would be a positive thing, thereby also benefitting point #1, but i haven't yet learned the limits). Even depending on what I eat, I get all acidic and have to drink ginger tea and peppermint tea plus a couple drops of my crazy lady serum that "eases digestion" and tastes worse than anything on the planet. By next year, i'll be wearing tie-dye and birks with the amount of herbal/crazy that i have concocted just in case i eat something with too much acid, too many carbs or -watch out - dairy!

4. I'm in bed by 9. Any questions? (Oh, unless So You Think You Can Dance is on, in which case i TiVo it then watch it later to skip commercials - but there's no way i miss it).

So, i'm old. i think if AARP saw my tea chamber, they'd sign me up right there, without knowing me.

Anyway, i don't know how i'm going to keep up with this heat...

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Kelley- you crack me up!! What are you going to do when you are REALLY getting old...like your Momma and I? :-)

Julie said...

LOL - Ryan keeps asking me why I'm laughing. Apparently he understands the answer "Kelley". ;o)

1. I was with you at yoga, haven't done it in forever, and I did NOT fall over during scorpion.

2. At least when you get out of the car, you don't have to unload 2 kids into the heat... or put them in the HOT car!!

3. I want a hankie... a cute one. I'll follow your trend-setting.

4. I'm so old I don't know what you put for #4 - oh, is that the food? I can put it down with the best of 'em. I think it's due to the nursing, though. Seriously, sign me up for the Nathan's hot dog eating contest. :o)

All those, and I'm 4 years older than you... so I guess what I want to say is... there's hope?? :o)

Thanks for the laughs, as usual. :o)

Joye said...

you are so funny, kels. i know it's hot. but here...high in the "hills", we are getting a lovely breeze today....sorta like a furnace :) Yikes. But stay inside in the day, and then at nite when the sun goes down and you get your backyard done, you can go out and sit and love it...great time to read, when you don't have to put sunglasses or sunscreen on and the bugs aren't aroudn. That;s my favorite time of day in the summer in Arizona. Of course the pool is always nice too. :) Come over sometime....hint, hint.

Joye said...

oh. one more thing, maybe you could cross-stitch your hankies and make them your "own". i can teach you anytime. my grandma used to tat lace on hers while in her rocking chair. :)